How to disable the Support Port from loading
On GravityView screens in the Dashboard, we show the Support Port. It's a little bubble that allows you to quickly search our support docs and also submit support requests.
If you are interested in disabling the Support Port, there are three ways:
1. Disable site-wide for all users with a setting
You can set the GravityView setting for "Show Support Port?" setting to "Hide". This will prevent the script from being loaded for all users.
- Go to the GravityView Settings screen (click Views in the sidebar, then click Settings sub-menu)
- Select "Hide" under the setting "Show Support Port?"
- Click the Update Settings button to save the settings
2. Disable for each user
On each user's profile page in WordPress, there is a setting for GravityView Support Port. Uncheck the box and save the settings to hide the Support Port for that user.
- Click on the Users menu in the sidebar
- To edit your own setting, click on Your Profile submenu. Otherwise, click on the user to edit.
- Uncheck the box next to GravityView Support Port
- Click the Update Profile button to save the settings
3. Disable site-wide for all users by adding code to your site:
Add this code to your functions.php file ( here's how):
add_filter( 'gravityview/support_port/display', '__return_false' ); add_filter( 'gravityview/support_port/show_profile_setting', '__return_false' ); // Don't show Support Port option in Profile page
This will prevent the script from being loaded for all users.