When to use GravityMath and when to use GP Advanced Calculations
If you want to perform advanced calculations in Gravity Forms, it can be confusing trying to figure out which plugin you should use: GravityMath (by GravityKit) or GP Advanced Calculations (by Gravity Wiz). In this article, we'll explain the differences between these two plugins, and go through some common use cases for each.
When to use GravityMath
GravityMath allows you to perform advanced calculations using Gravity Forms data from existing entries. The plugin also allows you to perform pure math calculations anywhere on your website.
Here is when you should use GravityMath:
- You want to perform pure math calculations on your website
- You want to write formulas using Gravity Forms data inside Confirmations or Notifications
- You want to perform calculations using Gravity Forms data on a post or page
- You want to perform calculations using field values within a single form entry, or field values from all entries that belong to a specific form
- You want to perform calculations inside a View created with GravityView
To learn more about GravityMath, read this article.
When to use GP Advanced Calculations
GP Advanced Calculations allows you to perform advanced calculations inside a Gravity Form. After enabling calculations for a Number or Product field, you can write advanced math formulas inside the field calculation box.
So, you should use GP Advanced Calculations only if you want to perform advanced calculations inside a Gravity Form.
To learn more about GP Advanced Calculations, check out the Gravity Wiz documentation.