How to Setup the Ratings & Reviews Extension
In this article, we’ll show you how to get set up with the Ratings & Reviews extension.
Prefer to Watch the Video?
Installing the Ratings and Reviews Extension
You can install the Ratings & Reviews extension from inside WordPress. First, hover over Views and click Manage Add-Ons.
Next, scroll down to “Ratings & Reviews” and click Install.
Allow WordPress Comments
Ratings & Reviews uses the WordPress comment functionality, so in order for it to work properly, you’ll need to enable comments in the WordPress settings.
To do this, hover over Settings in the left-hand menu and click Discussion. Now check the box that says “Allow people to submit comment on new posts”.
Enable Reviews and Choose a Rating Type
Open your View editor, scroll down to the View Settings and click on the Ratings & Reviews tab. To enable entry reviews, check the box that says “Enable entry reviews”.
Now you can configure the remaining options:
- Review type - Choose between stars or upvotes.
- Limit to one review per person per entry - Enabling this option prevents a person from leaving multiple reviews on the same entry.
- Hide ratings fields - Enabling this will hide the ratings fields so users can only post text reviews.
- Allow empty review text - If you’re planning to use the upvote/downvote rating system, enable this option.
When you’re done, you can start adding rating and review fields to your View layout.
Add Rating and Review Fields to Your View
The Ratings & Reviews extension adds four new fields to GravityView:
- Rate Entry - Allows users to rate an entry on the Multiple Entries page.
- Stars Rating - Display the entry’s star rating (out of 5).
- Votes Rating - Display the entry’s aggregate up/down rating.
- Reviews Link - Display ratings and a link to review the entry.
To add one of these fields to your View, simply click on the "Add Field" button and select the field you want to add.
Now, on the Single Entry page, you’ll see a review form underneath the entry.
Reviews left by users will show up on the Single Entry page, above the form.