License is shown as invalid
There are a few reasons your license may be shown as invalid:
- You may have moved domains. Please go to Views > Settings, and then Deactivate and re-activate your license. 9 out of 10 times, this fixes the issue.
- You have entered the wrong license key (please re-enter and try again)
- You have reached the limit on activations for your license. Core licenses and Core + Extensions licenses are valid for 5, and All Access for 100. This may be because you have activated the plugin on a development site and live site. If that's the case, please contact us, and we'll fix the issue for you. You can also upgrade your license on your GravityKit Account page.
- You are still using the BETA_TESTER key from when GravityView was in Beta. This is no longer valid.
- If you are using Version 1.1.5 or lower, make sure you have the "No-Conflict Mode" setting turned off when trying to activate the license. Versions 1.1.6 and higher don't have this issue.
If you use Version 1.1, please re-download the plugin from your GravityKit Account page. Once you have updated the plugin, you will be able to receive plugin updates.